1 stick Butter (whole stick, not half stick)
1 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
2 very ripe Bananas, sliced
Chopped Walnuts, if desired
6 Croissants, cubed
1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1 tsp Sugar
Oven 375 degrees
- Melt butter and brown sugar in a sauce pan over low heat until sugar dissolves, stir regularly
- Once sugar has dissolved, remove pan from heat. Add cinnamon and vanilla to pan and stir to incorporate.
- Spray 8X8 glass or ceramic baking dish with non-stick spray. Layer HALF of the cubed croissants in the dish, top with HALF of the sliced bananas. Add chopped walnuts if desired.
- Next pour HALF of the butter/sugar sauce over the bananas and croissants. If sauce has become 'stiff' simply add a few TBS of heavy cream and stir to loosen.
- Repeat, to create another layer of croissants, bananas and sauce.
- Place dish in oven uncovered, and bake for 20 min.
- While casserole is baking, use electric mixer to whip heavy cream and 1 tsp sugar until stiff peaks form -- serve over casserole!